Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm Off to See the Operas

Hi all, I’m pretty excited. I’m going to Europe, more specifically London and Venice to see ten operas in two weeks. Really, the entire trip has been planned around Benjamin Britten's Death in Venice. It is based on Thomas Mann’s novel of the same name, set in the Hotel des Bains on the Lido. I’ll be staying at the Hotel for one night. A few days later, I’ll attend a study day at the National Gallery in London for the opera, followed by a performance at the English National Opera. Some fun!

I’ll tell you all about it on my return. Cheers for now. Valery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This isn't really a response to this blog entry. Rather, I just wanted to write to say how pleased I am to have discovered this site, the music camp, and everything I've been reading on the site about your approach to teaching. I hadn't known about any of this before. I'll sure be telling people about it!
(How lucky that I met Valery when sitting beside her on a viaRail train a couple of weeks ago!)